WE Tech solutions examples for your vessel
WE Tech hybridisation in shipping
Save fuel and cut costs by using a variable speed shaft generator for economical operations.Read more
Take Me Home
Shaft Generator as a motor for Take Me Home and Auxiliary Propulsion Drive (APD).Read more
Shaft Generator as a motor for boosting the Main Engine in demanding conditions or low load optimised Main Engine.Read more
Efficient Power Distribution
Efficient power distribution via the DC-link of WE Drive™ to heavy consumers such as bow thrusters, pumps and compressors.Read more
Hybrid DC Machinery
Ship wide DC-bus power distribution with variable speed shaft and auxiliary generators.Read more
DC Electric Propulsion
Energy Storage Solutions
Shore Power Solution
WE equip your ships for success
- Less installed power thanks to increased efficiency and flexibility of the electrical system.
- Reduced weight of the electrical system.
- Smaller Main Switch Board footprint and less copper in cabling and bus-bars due to limited fault currents in the DC-link power distribution.
- Lower THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) in the electrical system thanks to Low Harmonic AFE (Active Front End) drive technology.
- Reduced electric power generation costs as the Shaft Generator is driven by the Main Engine in variable (optimal) speed.
- Reduced fuel and maintenance costs with stopped Auxiliary Generators.
- Reduced losses in electrical power distribution.
- Propulsion machinery and/or electrical power generating machinery are always operating at optimal duty point.
- Take Me Home/Take Me Away operating modes.
- Safe return to port with Auxiliary Propulsion Drive.
- Boost modes: Low-load optimisation/Ice-boost mode.
- Black-out prevention with battery packages connected to DC-link power distribution.
- Dual or quad split of electrical power distribution.
- Lowered fuel consumption.
- Reduced emissions (CO2 + NOx + SOx + PM) thanks to improved efficiency of propulsion machinery, electrical power generation and distribution.
- Our smart solutions remove traditional design limitations and ensure that propulsion machinery, cargo handling and electrical power distribution are always operating with maximum efficiency.
- Power dense permanent magnet technology cuts down machinery size and weight.
- The WE DriveTM generates at least 50 % cheaper shore power compared to electricity generated on-board the vessel.
- Vessels are not dependent on various voltages and frequencies of national power grids worldwide.
- Cost savings and reduced environmental footprint due to stopped Auxiliary Generators at the port.
- Battery packages connected to DC-link power distribution systems.
- Energy reserve for electrical load peak shaving and black-out prevention.
- Stable electrical load. When connected to variable speed Auxiliary Generators, battery packs prevent generator load surging during electrical load steps. This way you can generate sets to stay within your optimal operation window.
- Substantial fuel savings in DP (Dynamic Positioning) operations.
Good Start for WE Tech SolutionsJul 18, 2018
"Good start," says Mårten Storbacka. In 4 years WE Tech has grown from one to ten million in revenue.
American Shipowner opts for WE Tech’s energy efficiency solutionJun 21, 2018
The American Shipowner Vulica Shipping has chosen WE Tech Solutions to provide the energy efficiency solution to its two 68000dwt Self-Unloader Bulk Carriers.
WE Tech exhibiting in ONS Stavanger 27 – 30 August 2018, NorwayJun 20, 2018
WE Tech will be an exhibitor at ONS during 27-30 August 2018 in Stavanger, Norway. Welcome to our stand No.5705 in hall 5 at the Stavanger Forum!
WE Tech is looking for an Application Engineer!Jun 4, 2018
WE are looking for a qualified Application Engineer to join our team. Please send your CV and Application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22.6.2018.